JD Beltran is a conceptual artist, filmmaker, writer, educator, and public art administrator. Her award-winning work, which blends the narrative and abstract in investigating how materials tell stories, has been screened and exhibited internationally, including at the Walker Art Center, the SFMOMA, The Rotterdam International Film Festival, The Getty, The Kitchen, the MIT Media Lab, ProArte in St. Petersburg, Russia, The Fei Contemporary Art Center in Shanghai, and in the 2006, 2008, and 2012 Zero1 New Media Biennials. She is President the San Francisco Arts Commission and faculty in Art + Technology, Film, New Genres, Printmaking, and Critical Studies.
Recent Exhibitions and Awards:
- “Technological Mediations,” Artworks Downtown, San Rafael, CA.
- 7 x 7 Magazine's " Fall Arts Preview: 29 Can't-Miss Shows, Performances + Exhibits in the Bay Area"
- "Resonate," Root Division, San Francisco, CA, September 2015
- “Code and Noise,” Art Silicon Valley International Art Fair, Featured Exhibition, October 2015
- "Meeting Points: Stories in Art from the Urban Frontier,” San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, October 2015.
- "Fab Lab,” California Academy of Sciences "Nightlife Series, San Francisco, CA, November 2015.
- International Film Festival Rotterdam, January 2015, “The Cinema Snowglobe”
- Update_5, New Technological Art Award 2014, Fall 2014, One of the 21 Top Technology-based artworks worldwide
- 7 X 7 MAGAZINE, 7x7 Editors, September 10, 2015, “Fall Arts Preview: 29 Can’t-Miss Shows, Performances + Exhibits in the Bay Area”
- Glance Magazine, Jason Joan Hewes, Fall 2015 Issue “JD Beltran & Scott Minneman: Learning Interactively”
- The Peninsula Daily Journal, Dewitt Chang,October 6, 2015, “Code and Noise”
- Enter Magazine, Jeff Greenwald, Spring 2015 Issue “Snow globes 2.0, A New Twist on Classic Kitsch”
View Gallery »
- MFA, San Francisco Art Institute
- JD, University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law